Newcells Biotech provides products and services to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry based on induced pluripotent stem cell technology (iPSC). We are experts in the production and differentiation of iPSC lines and specialise in in vitro models and assay development.
An exciting opportunity is available for a dynamic scientist to join the company working on innovative cell based assays that improve the prediction drug safety and efficacy.
You will be working as part of a team of development scientists and other development technicians providing support for a range of customer and in-house development projects. The individual will gain new skills and techniques from a range of cell organoid and novel assay platforms under development.
Newcells offers an attractive salary package with contributory pension and 25 days holiday per annum.
The job is located at our laboratory based at the International Centre of Life in the vibrant city of Newcastle upon Tyne.
Key Activities and Responsibilities
- Contributing to development, optimisation, and validation of robust techniques, protocols and assays for commercial and R&D projects
- Carrying out differentiation of iPSCs into a range of cell types and tissues, including their characterisation
- Accountability for the accurate technical execution of the projects
- Ensuring accurate and traceable record keeping in line with company policies and project-specific requirements
- Managing the day-to-day operations of the laboratory including stock, equipment and safety documentation
- Scientific graduate with a BSc/MSc in Biological sciences or equivalent subject
- Industrial experience in a similar role
- Prior experience working with mammalian tissue culture
- Molecular biology techniques, including DNA/RNA isolation, PCR, RT-qPCR, Western blotting, flow cytometry, immunohistochemistry, fluorescent microscopy
- Experience in IT and statistical analysis
- Demonstrate ability to efficiently learn new laboratory techniques
- Demonstrate ability to prioritise a varied workload
- Excellent organisational skills including maintenance of accurate and traceable records
- Excellent team and leadership skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Diligence and attention to detail
- Ability to adapt to changes in research priorities
- Experience of pluripotent stem cell culture and differentiation techniques
- In vitro cell based assay use and development
- Experience of in vitro toxicology
- Prior experience in GLP and SOP
- Prior experience in COSHH and risk assessment preparation
To apply for this position please send an email including current CV and a covering letter summarising your interest and suitability for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please title your email “Application for post of Development Technician”.
Closing date for applications is 5 pm London GMT on Friday 31st May 2019.